Arsenal Star Wants To Play Wenger In FIFA


Alex Iwobi has told BBC Newsbeat that he’d like to take on Arsene Wenger in a game of FIFA. The 20-year-old also spoke about Wenger’s role in his sudden rise to the top (via BBC Newsbeat).

Alex Iwobi has gone from an effective unknown to a crucial first team player for Arsenal in less than a year. The Nigerian international starred against Chelsea on the weekend and has given the lowdown on what he wants from the future.

One of the things he wants is to take on Arsene Wenger in a game of FIFA. The next edition in the video game series is released this week and Iwobi has identified his next opponent. “I’d be surprised if he has played FIFA but if he has then that’s banter.” Iwobi told Newsbeat. “I’d like to take him on, yeah.”

The winger commented on Wenger’s twentieth anniversary at the club, saying “I’m not really a party hat kind of guy, but if I have to then I’ll wear one,” before praising the Gunners boss.

“He’s experienced, he knows about the Premier League, he knows about everything.” Iwobi said. “It’s such a great feeling to work for him, especially when he’s been at the club for 20 years and has worked with some class players.

“To be involved with that is just crazy. He’s completely relaxed.

“He’s a calm guy, an approachable guy and he knows what’s best for you.”

“At the moment, because I’m not really the best at defending, he says I need to treat it how I treat attacking.

“And that’s something that’s really rung true with me. I love attacking, but I hate defending and it’s something I need to add to my game.”

That has certainly been evident. Iwobi is looking more and more like the complete player this season, his defending is certainly improving and he still plays a massive role in the play further up the pitch. The 20-year-old isn’t someone lacking ambition. “Personally, I want to win the Premier League. That would be an amazing feeling.”

The youngster has also spelled out his ambitions ahead of tonight’s Champions League match against FC Basel. “For the club the most important one has got to be the Champions League.

“That’s the big one, and to win that would be like a dream come true.”