Man City's Yaya Toure praises PSG and Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini refused to respond to criticism from Yaya Toure's agent after the club's 2-0 Premier League win over West Ham on Sunday.

Yaya Toure has cast doubt on his future by calling Paris Saint-Germain a "great club" and Roberto Mancini "a special coach" but claiming that he loves playing for Manchester City and will decide which club offers the challenges that appeal most to him.

in his wish to take the midfielder, whom he signed for City in 2010, to Inter Milan this summer.

And PSG were linked with the 31-year-old last year, when he said he .

But although Toure's relationship with City was and has not been properly repaired, he said on Sunday how much he enjoys playing for the Premier League champions.

The former Barcelona midfielder has come in for criticism for his performances this season while his agent Dimitri Seluk claimed at the weekend that City were making Toure a scapegoat and that manager Manuel Pellegrini is

- -

And Toure told : "When things are not necessarily going well in a club, the key players take the fall. I am not the only one to have been attacked even if there is tendency to be harsher with me.

"Football is my passion, my job and that gives me two good reasons to do as well as I can. I accept criticism if it helps me to improve and I ignore them when their aim is simply to break me.

"When I arrived at City, Pellegrini was not the coach. Just like the players, managers arrive and leave. As I have said before, I owe it to the City fans to fight just until the end of my career at this club, just as much as I owe it to myself and my continent. My decisions will not be affected by changes in management, but more by the challenges that will be offered to me."

Mancini recruited Toure five years ago and the midfielder scored the winner in the 2011 FA Cup final, ending City's 35-year wait for a major trophy, before playing a pivotal role as the Italian's team secured the title 12 months later.

Yaya Toure has scored eight Premier League goals this season.

Now Mancini has returned to his former club Inter and has been open in his desire for a reunion with Toure, whose City contract runs until 2017.

"Mancini is a mentor for me, he is a special coach. It is no secret that I loved the time when he was boss here, like I love playing for City today," Toure added. "But as I said earlier, I have arrived at the point where I am more interested in the sporting challenge a club has to offer me than anything else."

Toure's Ivory Coast teammate Serge Aurier is in the PSG squad and said the French champions are interested in his compatriot.

Former Monaco player : "In the past I have given my opinion on PSG, which went on to inspire a lot of your journalist colleagues. PSG is a great club who, I think, is not finished growing and also a big club where any great player can find a place for themselves and make a contribution."

Use a to add a comment, subject to Facebook's and Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms.

post from sitemap
Categories: