Arsenal target Nabil Fekir says he has no plans to depart Lyon

The Lyon head coach admits he's dreaming of the Ligue 1 title after seeing his side go top of the table with just four games remaining.

Lyon midfielder Nabil Fekir has told he hopes to remain at the Ligue 1 club this summer, dashing Arsenal's hopes of acquiring the youngster's services.

that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is ready to table a £25 million bid for Fekir, 21, who has burst to prominence this term with 12 goals and nine assists during his side's challenge for the Ligue 1 title.

Although OL need funds, particularly if they do not qualify for next season's Champions League with a top-three finish, president Jean-Michel Aulas has been keen to keep home-grown talent at the club.

Fekir extended his Lyon contract through to 2019 last summer, and has now said he does not want to leave his hometown club anytime soon.

Nabil Fekir had been linked with a move to Arsenal.

"I feel very good here. There is everything in Lyon, my family, my friends," said Fekir, who made his France debut against Brazil last month. "The staff and my teammates have confidence in me. We have a young squad, there's a great atmosphere. That's also what makes us strong right now.

"I want to stay at Lyon to build on my season, while hoping that we qualify for the Champions League. There is everything for me to stay in Lyon, it's the club of my heart. I want to help it go as high as possible.

"I hope I'll be a Lyon player next season. There's no reason I won't be. I'm still a young player, I need to progress in an environment where I feel good. There is everything in Lyon."

Use a to add a comment, subject to Facebook's and Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms.

post from sitemap
Categories: