Koscielny: I Would Never Play For PSG


Laurent Koscielny has insisted he would never play for Paris Saint-Germain and would like to finish his career in England or with former club Lorient.

The France international joined the Gunners from the Ligue 1 side in 2010 but says he would happily snub a move to the big-spending French champions.

“Oh no, I will never live in Paris. Nor will I play there! I will finish my career in England or at my old club, at Lorient. I do not see myself in Paris,” he told L’Equipe.

“In terms of the PSG-OM rivalry, because I was a Marseille fan as a kid, but also because I would prefer to live in London than Paris.

“I love London. I remember that when I arrived I was 24. I had never lived in a big town, it was a big step into the unknown and a radical change. But, today, I feel good. My family is happy. People are calmer than in Paris, there is respect. I have everything to be able to enjoy myself as a footballer and I do not know if I would find that anywhere else.”

Wenger also paid tribute to manager Arsene Wenger for signing him for the Gunners and says the Frenchman took a gamble for which he will always be grateful.

I am in the French national team and at Arsenal thanks to the boss. It was he who brought me here,” he added.

“It was he who had the balls to buy me from Lorient when I was nobody. It was my first year in Ligue 1, at an average club in Ligue 1. He took a punt on me for a club like Arsenal which is one of the biggest 10 clubs in Europe.

“He took a risk in bringing me here, to make me progress and grow as a player and a man. I will be grateful my entire career.”

Koscielny’s comments will be music to the ears of Arsenal fans with the defender widely acknowledged as one of the best centre-backs in Europe.