Sanchez: New Contract ‘Depends On Arsenal’


Alexis Sanchez has opened up on his ongoing contract negotiations and says an extension “depends on Arsenal” but insists he is happy in north London.

The Chile international’s future has become the subject of huge speculation over recent weeks as he nears the final 18 months of his current deal.

The forward has reportedly been offered a massive £400,000-per-week from China while Chelsea are also believed to be interested in his signature.

When asked directly about whether he would sign a new contract, he told Sky Sports: “It depends on Arsenal.

“I enjoy the relationship with the fans. I want to achieve more for them. I want to win the Premier League and the Champions League.”

The 27-year-old has enjoyed a superb season, scoring 14 goals already ahead of Sunday’s crucial clash with Manchester City at the Etihad.

Sanchez also hinted that he was not too worried about his future and that currently he was simply concentrating on on-field events.

“I’m focused more on winning __football matches – I’m staying concentrated on that,” he added.

“It really doesn’t depend on me – if they want to show confidence in me. I’m very happy at the club. I love all the staff. I’m very grateful for everybody here.

“I want to win, and I want to achieve my objectives … more for [the fans], because they’re always at the stadium, packing it out.

“So I want to win the league with Arsenal, and the Champions League, because that’s what the club is missing.”

While Arsenal will be pleased to hear Sanchez is “very happy” at the north London his words will do little to quell the speculation surrounding his future.