Lyon Star Admits He Dreams of Arsenal


Lyon star Corentin Tolisso has admitted he would love to play in the Premier League and his dream is to play for a team like Arsenal.

The 22-year-old is making a name for himself at Les Gones and his standing at the club has been highlighted by the fact he has been handed the captain’s armband in recent games, with Maxime Gonalons suspended.

The Gunners have been linked with Lyon stars in the past, including Alexandre Lacazette in particular, and Tolisso admits he is a big fan of English football.

“Many clubs make me dream like Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and England with teams like Arsenal. I love the Premier League and I think I fit the profile,” he told France Football.

“This is the Championship that also offers more competition, which is the most open, the most played and the most spectacular.”

Tolisso has been at Lyon since he was 13 and admits captaining the side for the first time against Marseille last month was an honour and proves his career is going in the right direction.

“This is the first time I have been captain in a competitive match. I already had the armband in friendly matches. It gave me great pride and I am so proud as I was trained here,” he added.

“At 22, this recognition is important. It shows that my status has changed in the right direction. I take a more prominent place in the group. ”

Tolisso is undoubtedly a top prospect, although a move to the Emirates looks unlikely currently. The Gunners are well-stocked in his preferred central midfield position, particularly having shelled out £30 million over the summer for Granit Xhaka.