Pogba Brother Admits He Loves Arsenal


Florentin Pogba, brother of Manchester United midfielder Paul, says he dreams of playing in the Premier League and is a big fan of Arsenal.

The 26-year-old currently plays for Saint-Etienne in Ligue 1 but is keen on a move to England. Pogba’s twin brother Mathias has plied his trade in this country, having enjoyed spells at Crawley Town, Crewe and Wrexham. The striker left Scottish side Partick Thistle in the summer to join Spartak Moscow.

Younger brother Paul became the world’s most expensive footballer during the summer when he left Juventus for Manchester United in a deal worth £100 million. When asked if he would be interested in joining him in England, Florentin was definitive in his answer.

“This is the dream I had since I was a kid,” told Telefoot. “I had a few opportunities during the last transfer window but it did not materialise.

“I am waiting, I am patient and I want to continue my good performances with my club that would allow me to go. I love Arsenal.”

Florentin has also had his say on his brother’s move to Old Trafford after a slow start to life at with Jose Mourinho’s side.

“He starts to perform well slowly and I trust him. After a while, he will bring all what he can do for the team,” he added.

While the centre-back has been linked with a move to the Premier League in the past, with clubs such as Aston Villa and Sunderland reportedly interested, the prospect of a move to Arsenal look remarkably slim.