Ex-Arsenal defender takes up shooting for the ‘banter’

Ex-Arsenal defender Sol Campbell has revealed his new found love for the ‘sport’ of shooting saying ‘the banter’ is lovely.




In an interview with Shooting Gazette magazine, the former England international also reaffirmed his support for the Conservative Party and said that he hasn’t given up on a career in football management.

Quite like the attire too!!

— Sol Campbell (@SolManOfficial)

“I managed to shoot 11 birds having never picked up a gun before,” he told magazine, according to the .

“Last year I went to a couple of clay ranges, Bywell and another one in Newcastle, and I was quite the natural. I am very competitive so I really listen to instruction.

“It was enjoyable. This year I shot about 30 birds – much to the annoyance of my father-in-law. That was a mixture of birds. The banter was just lovely… that’s always great.

“…You meet really interesting people too, but for me, as long as the birds end up on a dinner table and people are enjoying them, then that’s fine. That’s the point for me. I wouldn’t want to go deer stalking, that’s just not for me.”

It is somewhat fitting that the ex-Gunner is now obsessed with something that involves actual guns.

This revelation follows the news that Campbell was being vetted by the Conservative party as a potential candidate for a Parliamentary seat in the upcoming General Election.

And Campbell’s name has also been suggested as being in line for the Conservative nomination in the London mayoral elections in 2016.

However, the former centre-back hasn’t completely turned his back on the world of football and is still working towards his badges.

He said: “I’m also in the last six months of my Pro-Licence Coaching Badges training. Once those are completed I’ll be able to coach around the world at any level.”

Could we see him rock up at the Emirates any time soon? If we do, hopefully it will be without the gun – we don’t want an Ashley Cole situation on our hands!

YARPP

, ,

:

post from sitemap
Categories: