Javier Hernandez must be persistent at Real Madrid says Hugo Sanchez

ESPN FC's Paul Mariner and Mark Donaldson discuss Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez's current situation at Real Madrid and predict what the future holds for the Mexico international.
The ESPN FC team discuss Javier Hernandez's frustration with his lack of match action since joining Real Madrid on loan, but Craig Burley believes Chicharito has since lost his confidence after his first season with Manchester United.
Mexico coach Miguel Herrera says his side's next friendly against Paraguay will be a good warm-up for the Copa America.
It was Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez's goal and Jose de Jesus Corona's penalty save that saw Mexico past Ecuador in an end-to-end thriller of an international friendly.
Mexico's Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez spoke to ESPN FC's John Sutcliffe following his side's international friendly win over Ecuador, and noted the importance of team development in these types of matches.
Mexico were victorious over Ecuador in their international friendly, as Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez's first half goal proved the difference.

Mexico football icon Hugo Sanchez says Real Madrid forward Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez needs to show more character if he expects to play a greater role in La Liga's top club.

"Javier needs to pound his fists on the table, strengthen his character and show who he is," . "He is playing on the best team of all time, which is Real Madrid, and they have great players, but he shouldn't shrink, because if he doesn't rise to that level, he will achieve nothing."

Sanchez was responding to comments  to be a first-team regular on his season-long loan from Manchester United.

The striker, 26, has made 13 La Liga appearances and scored three goals for Carlo Ancelotti's side but just one of those has been as a starter.

Hernandez, who scored in over Ecuador on Sunday, said: "My situation is frustrating. I participate, give my all in training, but as for playing in matches, the opportunities are minimal. I belong to a team but am not part of the important bit, the actual games.

"Sometimes my confidence is right down on the ground, even though I am trying for it to be up there, with the help of the people who are always at my side and who support me."

Hernandez thanked his fans after the Mexico win. face Paraguay on Tuesday and Hernandez will start on the bench along with Villarreal's Giovani dos Santos as coach Miguel Herrera gives the younger players a chance. 

Fe y confianza!!!... Muchísimas gracias por el gran apoyo en LA!...

- Chicharito Hernandez (@CH14_)

Real Madrid legend Sanchez said that during his time at the Bernabeu he also had to struggle because opportunities were scarce, but added that the experience helped build his character and helped him face the realities.

"I even fought with various teammates at training and I think Javier is just a bit too nice to have success in a team as competitive as Real Madrid," Sanchez said. "If you can't slam your fist and raise your voice in the Spanish league, if you don't show yourself to be the strongest, you'll get nowhere.

"I cried, I suffered, I didn't play, I had to put up with it. I would lock myself in the bathroom and cry because, since I was new, the coach didn't let me play so that it would strengthen my character. When they told me they wanted football players and not mariachis, that helped strengthen my character."

Sanchez said he is surprised it has taken Hernandez two years in Europe to express the frustration that is typical of Mexican players overseas.

"Now he is showing his personality, his character, but I think it has taken him too long," he said. "He needs to show that all the time. Javier, like other Mexico players in Europe needs to be insistent. This could also be the case with Raul [Jimenez] -- he needs to insist. They are big players. When an Argentinean or a Brazilian goes to Europe, immediately it is said that he will be a great player and they are revered and they play at that level."

Use a to add a comment, subject to Facebook's and Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms.

post from sitemap
Categories: