Mesut Özil claims injury layoff has helped him improve this season

 

Mesut Özil has been much maligned this season, but despite the media criticism claims he is happy with the way the campaign has gone so far, as reported on Arsenal’s .



The World Cup winner appears to be the favourite plaything for the British press at the moment, and no matter how he performs the playmaker doesn’t seem to be able to escape their highly critical eye.

He clearly isn’t letting it get to him however, and insists that he is pleased with the way the season has gone up until now – despite his lengthy injury layoff.

“I think it’s been very positive [this season],” he said.

“Of course picking up my injury was a negative because I missed a lot of games. But if you look at the league and my performances, I’m really satisfied.

“I’d say I’m on the right way. What’s most important is that I perform well consistently. The team support me really well and the manager gives me his trust.

“I’ve missed a lot of football and I think it shows on the pitch that I worked very hard during that time. So now I just want to… help the team and I’m on the right path.

“The most important thing is that we win games as a team. Of course it’s nice if I can give an assist or score a goal, but really, what’s most important is that we are successful as a team.

“We’re rightfully near the top of the table and in the semi-finals of the FA Cup again. I think we can win trophies again this year, and if we do that, we will be satisfied.”

The German’s form since his return from injury has been nothing short of excellent, and although he may not have received the plaudits he deserves, he has certainly been one of the standout performers over the last few months.

He was clearly training hard during his layoff, and came back a far more imposing and powerful figure. He has been criticised in the past for being too lightweight for the Premier League, and while he certainly isn’t the biggest of players, he has bulked up significantly since his arrival.

Our record signing is not only pleased with his own form, but with that of the club as well. He admits that silverware is hugely important however, and claims we need to be winning trophies in order to be satisfied this season.

YARPP

, , ,

: ,

post from sitemap
Categories: