Olivier Giroud claims he is “lucky” at Arsenal – here is why he’s 100% right

Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has claimed that he is fortunate at the club with the amount of talent supplying him, after the Frenchman netted a brace to haunt Newcastle once again.

Giroud has scored against the Magpies more than any other side and that his now four goals in two games against them this season.

Despite receiving all the plaudits, Giroud was quick to praise his supporting cast and it was interesting to hear him imply that they ‘knew him well’.


“I’m not superstitious,” he told reporters post match (via ).

“I started this game like normal and I am lucky to have great players around me who know me very well, so I try to put it in the net and that’s all I want.

“I got a bit lucky for the first one but I anticipated Danny’s deflection and for the second one, Santi knew where to put the ball and I tried to win my duel.”

Giroud is right, despite his impressive goalscoring record, he is a limited striker who is getting the maximum out of his ability. However, that is always the case with us – we somehow make average strikers reach unthinkable heights in terms of their goal tally.

Think back to how many goals Emannuel Adebayor got, to compel the point, even Niklas Bentner bagged 20 goals in the 2009/10 season.

It maybe due to Arsene Wenger’s obsession with playmakers, but Giroud is the envy of many top forwards in Europe. He could potentially be surrounded by Alexis Sanchez, Olivier Giroud, Theo Walcott, Santi Cazorla and Aaron Ramsey all at once, that is one heck of an assist machine.

YARPP

, ,

: ,

post from sitemap
Categories: