Arsenal Star Ozil Reveals His Biggest Weakness


Mesut Ozil has revealed his biggest weakness is his right foot but says he works on it every day in a bid to improve.

The Germany international has enjoyed a superb start to the season with seven goals already and with the Gunners unbeaten in all competitions since the opening day.

However, the World Cup winner says he is always working hard in order to keep up with the demands of __football in the Premier League.

“I think it’s really important [to keep working],” he told Arsenal Player. “If you want to develop as a footballer, you have to work on your weaknesses every day.

“You have to have talent but of course nobody is perfect, and you have to work hard to minimise those weaknesses as well as you can. I’m working hard on that – for example, I’m not ambidextrous, so I’m working on my right foot too.

“Especially if you play in the Premier League, you have to look after your body because the matches are very demanding and you have plenty of matches. That’s why you have to work hard, to make sure you stay fit.”

Ozil has already revealed that he chose to join Arsenal after leaving Real Madrid and says he knew he would improve working under Arsene Wenger.

“I knew that if I moved to Arsenal, I would develop myself further, especially under the boss. I’m on a good way, the team really supports me, the manager gives me his trust and you see that I enjoy myself on the pitch,” he added.

“I’m definitely more experienced.  I’ve got plenty of successful years behind me, for which I’m very thankful.

“The older you get, the more active you are in the Premier League. You develop yourself and have experiences – that’s what I’m doing at the moment.”

Ozil’s impressive goal tally this season suggests he is developing his game and his desire to become more two-footed is sure to see him improve even further.