Walcott Reveals What He Wants For Christmas


Theo Walcott has revealed he is targeting 10 goals for Arsenal before Christmas and is hopeful he will be given a coffee machine from his wife as a reward for his goalscoring prowess.

The England international is enjoying a fine season in front of goal and grabbed his ninth of the season in Sunday’s 3-1 win over Bournemouth at the Emirates.

Walcott is just one goal behind top scorer Alexis Sanchez and looks set to reach his target with the Gunners having six games still in all competitions to play before December 25th.

“I want to get 10 [goals] so I can get a coffee machine for Christmas from my wife. She said ‘if you get 10 goals before Christmas I’ll buy you this coffee machine’. So I can’t wait for that and hopefully it will happen,” he told The Guardian.

“Coming from the wing as well, I’m obviously delighted with my goals so far. But I’m more delighted where the team is, progressing from the first disappointing game [defeat to Liverpool]. There’s been a lot of ups and downs but hopefully this game can just make sure we’re back to the level we want to be at.”

Walcott also sought to try to explain his improved form in front of goal and will be hoping to beat his previous season’s best of 21 goals, scored in 2012-13.

“I sat down with the manager at the start of the season and said where I want to play so now I don’t have to think about anything else,” he explained.

“And with that experience in the central position, if I find myself there hopefully I can tuck away the goals, which I have. I’m still working hard in training, in the gym and on the mental side of it. And making sure I have time at home as well.

“Everything seems to be clicking. I just want to make sure I’m the best I can be every day going into training. If I can stay fit hopefully it can be a good season, not just for me but for everyone else.”

Walcott’s form this season has been a massive boost for the Gunners and with just one goal to go it would be a huge surprise now if he failed to reach his target of 10 goals by Christmas Day.