Sanchez Reveals How Wenger Upsets Him


Alexis Sanchez has admitted he hates being rested and gets upset when Arsene Wenger leaves him out of the Arsenal starting XI.

The Chile international has been in superb form this season, leading the line and is the club’s joint top scorer with eight goals already.

His effervescent playing style is a huge hit with fans and he has already made 15 appearances for the Gunners in all competitions this season.

However, that is not a problem for Sanchez who says he simply wants to play __football all the time and gets upset when he is left out of the team.

“He told me to rest, but I don’t like to rest,” he told ESPN Brazil. “Neither in the matches. I don’t like to be out, I get upset, I go home sad, because I train to play, I rest to play. It’s my job and I do everything to perform at 100%.”

Sanchez also revealed how much he enjoys English __football and also feels the north London derby is as passionate as the big games he played in during his time at Barcelona.

“It’s the same feeling I had with Madrid and Barcelona. You see the same atmosphere between fans and people,” he added.

“Truth is that football here delights me. To go and go back, to attack, defend, attack, defend. We like it and it’s also good to watch.”

The Chilean also feels that Arsenal have improved the season and explained why he feels the team are better equipped for a title challenge.

“I believe we’re more concentrated,” he added. “I believe the ambition is the same. We’re more focused on the details, which is more important. As I said before, when the eleven who play aren’t well, those on the bench can sort it out.”

Sanchez remains a huge talisman for the Gunners and is such a key figure it is unlikely he will have reason to get upset with Wenger very often this season.